Editing Mode is now enabled. Please hover over the topic, item or block you wish to edit
Help with Search

Picture of Jin Hyang Oh
School Notice for 18th March
by Jin Hyang Oh - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 04:40 PM

1. From Mrs. Sarah Eales

KS4 need to bring PE kit to PE next week regardless of photos and Year 9 Boys SB class to bring PE not swim kit.

===========================================================

2. From Mr. Raymond Maher

Essay Competition

Open to all students in Years 10 to 12.

Standard Chartered Bank have very kindly offered two free places on their Global Leadership Program (Challenger Course), one for the period July 25 to 29 2016 and one in December on dates to be confirmed. The prize, worth approx., 2m won per student, is a 5 day program (3 or 4 nights), in Hong Kong or Singapore, including visits to SCB Headquarters, renowned universities and Global Corporations as well as a tour program. No alternative prizes are offered.

To select the students we are running an essay competition. You should write an essay, of no more than 800 words, on one of the following topics:

-.Banking and ethics

-.Do High School students need financial education?

-.Should Jeju abandon the won and switch to its own local currency?

-.Micro finance is no solution to the problems of developing countries.

The essay, which can be handwritten or typed, must be submitted to Mr. Maher in SF23 on paper (not emailed) by Friday 29th April 2016, 5pm. One winner will be announced for each date. The winning articles will be published in a school publication.

The essays will be marked for quality of argument developed with relevant

examples, analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of arguments, a conclusion that follows from the arguments presented and clarity of expression. Marks will not be awarded for description.

When submitting your work you must also submit the following brief form:

Name: ___________________________________________________ (please use block capitals)

Year Group: ________________ House: _________________

Title of essay:

Essay length in words: __________________

Date and time submitted: ____________________________

Please read and sign the following statement:

The work I have submitted for this competition is entirely my own except for where I have referenced the ideas of others. The essay I am submitting has not been previously published or used in any other competition.

I agree to my article, if a winner, being published.

Signed:

Skip Online users

Online users

(last 5 minutes)
  • Picture of Guest user  Guest user

Admissions: 
+82 2 6456 8410
admissions@nlcsjeju.kr
Junior School Enquiries:  
+82 64 793 8601
juniorenquiries@nlcsjeju.kr
Senior School Enquiries: 
+82 64 793 8001
seniorenquiries@nlcsjeju.kr
Teacher Recruitment:
+82 64 793 8102
recruitment@nlcsjeju.kr
You are currently using guest access (Login)